Shanghai map for GPS
Click the button below and load 00000036.img file. This file contains a map of Shanghai. The map is made by author for FREE USE.
Remarks on the map.
You need two programmes : sendmap20.exe and Img2gps.exe. They work together. Img2gps.exe is a Windows GUI for sendmap20.exe DOS application. The latest free version of the programmes you can load here : yadi.sk/d/1UXClRy72RqQ0. After installation the label of img2gps.exe appears in menu "Start".
Warning!!! When you upload new maps in GPS-navigator by the programms the old maps in GPS memory are erased!!!
By the way, MapSource also erases old maps at the time of uploading new ones.
There are three solutions for this problem.
- if your GPS supports micro-sd you can use another one for the new maps.
- if you have official maps which work only on the certain media (i.e. micro-sd), don't experiment with it and use another one.
Well, upload process itself.
Start img2gps.exe from "Start" menu.
1. Choose folder with map files to send in your GPS-unit.
2. All maps in the folder appear in the table. Check maps to load.
3. Choose the type of uploading.
4. Examine total size of the maps (it should be less than your navigator memory).
5. Click "Upload to GPS" button and wait until the process complete.
- before uploading the maps by img2gps soft in your navigator don't forget to switch the GPS-navigator interface in "Garmin" mode.
- if your navigator has both built-in memory and micro-sd, img2gps writes maps on micro-sd. Therefore change micro-sd with another one to prevent erasing important and bought maps from the micro-sd.
- if you want to write maps on built-in memory without touching micro-sd, mark "Create File instead of Upload" check-box in img2gps programm before you click "Upload to GPS" button. A file with your maps will be created (gmapsupp.img). Connect your navigator to computer and copy the file on built-in memory. Before uploading switch the GPS-navigator interface in "USB" mode (USB)".
|Maps of Shanghai areas||To page start||Home page|